Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hästveda Camp

Well its been a while since i have posted. I have been very busy trying to get ready for our first game. Which is this Saturday April 28. The weather here has been pretty lame. A lot of cold and windy days. I think there has maybe been 3 nice days since i have been here. But the forcast for the weekend looks awesome. 18 degrees and sunny. Thats 65 degrees F. It has mostly been between 8 and 10 degrees. So mostly in the 40's.


We had a camp/retreat for the team last weekend. At a small lake in a town called Hästveda. I have some pictures of the grounds and cabins. I wish i would have gotten some pictures of practice but i forgot to bring my camera to the field. Basically it is a 3 day camp for the youth program and cheerleaders. They go up Friday and come back Sunday. I kept my team at home Friday and we practiced at the Stadium early Saturday morning and then drove up to Hästveda. About a 40 min drive. There we had our players run drills for the youth kids during there practices Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. In between practices we would either get some conditioning in or Film sessions in. It was Awesome to see our guys coaching the little guys. It was a lot of fun. I got a lot of great comments about the camp. I had suggested that we bring the Senior team up and have them coach. They had never done that before. It was a great step in solidifying the program as a whole and bringing together our fan base to really support us.

Saturday night we had a big camp fire and made Smores. I was the the camp story teller. All the kids asking me about America and Football in America. It was a fun night. And the fire kept me warm.

Benjamin Hörnquist. He is a Wr and Captain on Offense. He is a very fun guy to be around and was by the far the best coach of the weekend. He had the little guys fired up. I am sure it is a great memory for those kids.

On the left; Sebastian Schön and Tim Hermansson our 2 Tackles. Both only 18 and play on the Junior National Team.

On the right is Tyson Guillen. He is the GM and the one who hired me. He is also from Sacramento.

No comments:

Post a Comment