Monday, May 21, 2012

Busy week in Sweden, and another Blow Out.

The weather in Sweden is starting to get amazing. Nice cool sunny breezy days. Which almost everyone here has referred to as hot. Hahahahahaha is my response. Its like 78 degrees with a nice breeze. This week was packed with lots of fun stuff.

Tuesday i spent most of the day chilling in the city center of Kristianstad. Took some pics of some buildings and of the little square. Then cruised over to Contact Sports (Tyson's shop) and picked up the package that my mom had sent me. Yeah!! Hung out for a while and then left to get ready for practice.

 The Sun, "You still exist!"

 There are like 3 or 4 canals that run through Kristianstad. This is like a block from my Apartment.

Little Square


 There is a ton of construction going on the center of town. All the big government buildings are being being worked on and i think they are building a new building.



 The Big Old Church in the center of town.


Fly Fishing


Wednesday Tyson took myself and Emil (one of my DBs) To a place called Harasjömåla. It has a bunch of small lakes and a stream that is awesome for fly fishing. We left at 05:00 and it was about a hour and a half drive to get there. We were fishing by 7:00. This is my first experience fly fishing and after about an hour i got pretty comfortable casting. The morning though was more like practice. I didn't get any action at all. After lunch i changed my fly and went back out. Walking up and down the banks trying to find the right spot. Mean while Tyson and Emil were already a couple fish ahead of me.

Emil caught the first one of the day and then Tyson caught fire later in the day and pulled in 3 nice Rainbow Trout. I found a little hole that i had a couple really good strikes but i was not able to hook the trout. There was i big trout that had taken my fly but was no where to found after. I decided to work my way down stream and then come back later. As i started down stream i had a couple more really good strikes but yet again i was unable to land them. The day was growing late and i had rescheduled Thursday's  full practice to Wednesday at 6:00 because we were playing on Friday night. Which made for a very long day. But it was time to go and i was fish-less. As I walked back up to the middle of the stream Tyson said that they were really going after this dark fly he had and told me to grab his pole and go give it another 10 minutes at the hole where i had lost that big trout. Sure enough the first cast out i had a big strike but again no luck. Another 4 or 5 casts later as i was bring in my line and wam! it hit hard and this time i had him. It was about 10 min to bring him in. I could tell he was big but he was not fighting too hard. Soon i felt him give a little and i brought him to shore and Emil scooped him up.

61 cm (24 inches) and 3.5 Kg (8 lbs)- the biggest fish of the day!!

 Coach Tyson Scoring his first of 3 trout.


Check out the skills. And my Trophy!




U17 District Practice


Tyson had talked to me about volunteering to coach a U17 All Star team that leads to the national team. I said heck yeah i am in and Thursday morning I was off to Helsingborg (1.5 hours away) for try outs. It was a fun day and i actually coached LBers and ran the defense for the try outs. The Predator youth was well represented. I thing we had like 30 players trying out and imagine at least 18-20 made it. The weather was shit though so it was cold and rainy on the west coast of Sweden. Practices went well and i am looking forward to the tournament at the end of June. I am also helping coach the U19 team which is a combination of some of my younger players and some of the older U17. Practice for the district team ended at 4:30 so we hurried to the car and rushed back to Kristianstad to make it to practice for the U19 team. Friday was my game which we crushed our opponents. More details to come. then Saturday i went back to Helsingborg for the U17 game and helped them win big. Sunday was the U19 game so we hopped back on the bus to Helsingborg again. This time for a much closer game but we won 27-9.

No comments:

Post a Comment