Monday, July 16, 2012

Semester.... Kind of? pt3... 4th of July

Happy 4th to everyone back home

I got home from Stockholm on the 4th of July. Big Nick, an offensive lineman on my team invited me over for a bbq. His Mother Jennifer is an American and they had myself and a couple other friends over for a BBQ and a couple fireworks that they had left over from new years. They live about 30 minutes outside of Kristianstad on a farm. They have cattle, horses, they grow wheat, sugar beats, grass and more on the farm. We got to take a short tour of part of their land. I had a great time and enjoyed the company and good food.

That weekend i went to a small party at one of the U17 parents house. I had a blast. Most of the parents that  were in Nykoping were there plus a few more. It was good to meet some of the new faces and spend sometime with adults for a change. haha.

Last weekend I made the road trip up to Uppsala about 6 hours to watch the Super Series championship game. It was Karlstad Crusaders vs Tyreso Royal Crowns. Both teams had beat the other and it was the making for a great game. I drove the boys from Contact Sports (Sorin&Ben) up in the van full of gear for the Contact Sports Sales booth. It was the first time i had driven since back in the States. It was a very long day on the road but it was a good time.

After spending the practice the week before at Tyreso I was definitely rooting for them to win. I think their coaching staff are great guys and do a great job. Coach Andreas is a very good coach and has been an Anchor for that club for a long time. Coach Billgren is a good dude and i know his players love playing for him. As the game unfolded though it was very clear that Tyreso had their hands full with the QB from Karlstad. He was a big strong athletic kid with a good arm. He was red hot all afternoon and lead the Crusaders to a pretty one sided victory. After the game we packed up the van and cruised home.

No comments:

Post a Comment