Saturday, March 24, 2012

First Day in Sweden

 I am in Sweden, got an ok night of sleep. I was very exhausted after a very long flight. My studio is in a great location right between the stadium we play and practice at and the city center. The city center seems very cool. Lots of older buildings and there is no car traffic through the center, only foot and bicycle. There is a huge grocery store 2 blocks away.It is like a smaller version of a Walmart but the food section is bigger. The President of the organization Anders Klang. They call him "Big Boss". He and an other Board member, Karsten Stromberg, took me shopping and got some stuff for the apartment and some groceries to get me started.


Visa större karta

After I went out to pizza with Karsten and his family. He, his wife, and daughter and son. His son is actually one of my players on the Senior team. He plays WR. But looks more like a TE. Pizza was good, a little different from the US but really how much different can a pizza be. The only weird part was that it had ranch dressing squirted on it. It was like they cooked the pizza and then just squirted ranch out of the bottle all over the pizza. I'm sure some of you ranch lovers would have enjoyed it. Not sure if that is a Swedish thing or just the pizza i ordered.

We have a fundraiser bbq today for the youth program in the city center. They are cooking up like 400 hot dogs. I am going to be stopping by there later today.

Here are a couple of pics from the city center. I spent a couple hours today walking around. What a very cool place. It was very busy. Lots of people walking around enjoying the sunshine. Which i hear is the first good sunny day of the year. I guess i brought the California sun with me. There are lots of cool shops, cafes, markets. There is a small square in the center that has a little farmers market. This is a very cool town.
Karsten is Q'in up some dogs on the grill. I think we sold like 400 dogs. I got to meet a handful of players today. They are all very excited to start practicing. We are going to have a great season. The guy to the right with the hat on is Lucas. He is "Big Boss"'s son and an offensive lineman on my team.

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! Glad you got there safely and are settling in. When do you start practicing with the team?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We start practice on Tuesday. I will meet all the coaches on Monday and then we will have a team meeting Tuesday at 6:00 Practice at 7:30. I went to a cafe today with the QB and Wr and then met a couple guys at the park and threw the ball around. It was good to get to know our QB and the guys. I am very curious to see the turn out on Tuesday. I am hoping to have a strong turn out and see what type of athletes i really have. I hope all is well. Good luck with the rest of the semester. Talk to ya soon. Add me to your skype.

    ReplyDelete